Pink hair is fun all year round, regardless of the season! It’s one of those colors that make you stand out from afar. Besides, pink is associated with love and romance, and by embracing pink hair, you’re letting the world know that you’re all about that self-care and self-love lifestyle. If you feel like your current hairstyle is more blah than ever, it’s time to give pink a try; you might fall in love with it instantly!
While some people may call pink hair rebellious, it’s actually easy to pull off because there are so many shades. From deep punky pink to light pastel, there’s a color that’s right for everyone. In this blog post, we’ll share the top pink hair dyes and tints that are sure to make an impression.
Most at-home pink dye kits are semi-permanent, which means they don’t last as long as a permanent or salon color. But, they are so easy to apply, people of all ages can do it!
Best Pink Hair Dye To Use At Home
Best Hot Pink Dye: Arctic Fox Vegan and Cruelty-Free Semi-Permanent Hair Color Dye
This is the best dye for the ladies who aren’t afraid of bold hot pink color. This semi-permanent formula is vegan and gentle enough to use on all hair types. Even women with sensitive skin and scalp can give this one a go because it doesn’t contain ammonia, alcohol, or PPD. Arctic Fox is a cream formula that applies smoothly and evenly. It delivers a very intense hot pink that shines for weeks. Since it doesn’t damage your hair, you can use it frequently to keep the color vibrant.
If you have light blonde or pre-lightened hair, the result is the deepest shade of pink you can imagine. But, if you have light-brown color, it becomes this gorgeous deep magenta.
- The formula contains glycerine, which locks in moisture, so your hair doesn’t dry out.
- Very intense color.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- Free from harsh chemicals like ammonia.
- Sweet and pleasant scent.
- It doesn’t last as long as permanent color, so you need to touch it up frequently.
Best cool-toned bright pink: Manic Panic Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye Color – Classic High Voltage
Cotton candy hair is one step away with this gorgeous pink hair dye from Manic Panic. It’s one of the bestselling hair dyes and for a good reason. It works best on lightened hair and even glows under black light. How cool is that? If you’re after glossy, vibrant color, this formula delivers just that. It’s a semi-permanent dye that fades out in about four to six weeks.
The formula is clean, meaning there are no harsh chemicals, and it’s also vegan. It is free from ammonia, PPD, parabens, and phthalate. Therefore, it doesn’t damage your hair at all and leaves it healthy and shiny looking. If you want to be extra playful, you can combine Manic Panic shades and create unique looks.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- It doesn’t contain harsh chemicals like ammonia and PPD.
- The color is very bright and vibrant.
- It’s shiny and glows under black light.
- The formula doesn’t damage the hair because it doesn’t penetrate the hair’s cortex.
- Some customers complain the color is not as opaque during the first application.
Best Light Pink Color: L’Oreal Paris Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Permanent Hair Color, Pastels Hair Color, P2 Rosy Blush (Smokey Pink)
Pastel pinks are always trending because they are bold but romantic at the same time. This smokey pastel hue is rich and vibrant but very wearable for every day. It shimmers and glistens in the light, which creates a multidimensional effect. That’s because the dye kit contains a shimmering conditioner to help you achieve glossy locks. The formula is infused with highlights and smokey undertones for a color that looks like something out of a salon.
This Feria dye is conditioning and nourishing, so it doesn’t leave you with dry and brittle hair. It contains glycerin and coconut oil to help lock in moisture for healthy-looking hair. Although it’s a semi-permanent dye, the color stays vibrant for about a month. So, it’s perfect if you want to test out pink hair but aren’t ready for the hot pink yet.
- It is a bold pastel pink shade, and it looks gleaming and shimmery.
- The formula is nourishing and conditioning, so hair is not dry.
- It is easy to use thanks to a liquid gel formula.
- It adds lots of dimension to your hair, so the color never looks dull.
- Lasts about a month before it fades out.
- This formula does not cover greys at all.
Best Budget Dye: Adore Semi-Permanent Haircolor #192 Pink Petal
Adore creates some of the coolest on-trend dyes. This particular pink petal shade is the perfect middle ground between a light pastel and deep pink. It’s vibrant but not quite ‘in your face’ intense. It’s a semi-permanent formula that lasts for about four weeks without fading too much. The great thing about this dye is that it’s not damaging for hair because it’s free of harsh chemicals. It is ammonia, alcohol, and peroxide-free, so your hair looks healthy even after coloring.
This formula makes hair look shiny and feel soft to the touch. It works like a glaze, so the pigments don’t penetrate deep into the hair’s cortex, but a lot of color is still deposited and looks bright. Each strand looks hydrated and nourished; therefore, nobody will know it’s not a salon color.
- Affordable price.
- Beautiful mid-tone pink hue.
- Leaves hair feeling silky smooth.
- This formula doesn’t cause hair damage.
- The product is free from harsh chemicals, including ammonia and peroxide.
- Works as a hair glaze, and your hair looks shiny and bright.
- It washes out if you use a strong shampoo.
Best Gentle Formula: IROIRO Premium Natural Semi-Permanent Hair Color 70 Pink
This is one of the top-rated pink hair dyes. It’s a classic bright pink hue made from natural ingredients. Therefore, it’s one of the best organic formulas on the market. It doesn’t cause any hair damage, dryness, or brittleness. Unlike other dyes that are bad for your scalp, this one nourishes and conditions so that hair looks and feels healthier than before. The formula contains coconut oil, which restores dry and damaged locks to their former glory.
As far as application, this is as easy it gets because the formula is a cream and lathers on easily. If you want to lighten this intense pink color, you can add some of the IROIRO conditioner to make the hue lighter. Therefore, it’s a versatile and fun product to use and makes custom pink color possible at home.
- This formula is very long-lasting and doesn’t wash out quickly.
- The dye is made from natural and organic ingredients, so it doesn’t contain harsh chemicals.
- It doesn’t dry out your hair.
- The cream formula applies evenly for all-over color.
- Gentle on the scalp and hair, so it’s suitable for sensitive skin.
- The color is very intense.
- It doesn’t wash out easily, so you need to remove the color first when you change hair color.
Best for Bleached and Light Blonde: L’Oreal Paris Colorista Semi-Permanent Hair Color for Light Blonde or Bleached Hair, Hot Pink
The Colorista formulas are playful fun hues that wash out after a few washes. They work on bleached hair or light blonde and add a vibrant hot pink color. What makes this formula unique is that it has a hair mask consistency and applies just like a mask, so it’s very easy to use. It colors and conditions at the same time, so your hair looks hydrated and smooth afterward. As well, the formula is vegan and free from dangerous chemicals like ammonia and peroxide.
Customers rave about this dye because you can mix and match all the colors in the range to create captivating hair colors. Therefore, you can experiment with the different pink shades until you find the one that suits you most.
- Fun, trendy pink hue.
- The color is very intense when first applied.
- The different shades are mixable.
- It conditions your hair and protects against damage.
- Ammonia and peroxide-free.
- Only works on bleached or light blonde hair; otherwise, you can’t really see the color.
Best 1 Day Hair Makeup: L’oreal Paris Hair Color Colorista Makeup 1-day for Blondes, Neon Pink 200
Not ready to commit to the pink hair trend? No problem because this hair makeup lets you play around with the hue to see if you like it or not. It’s a 1-day washout type of product that washes out easily with shampoo. The shade of this particular Colorista product is a neon pink. It’s very bright and glowy, perfect if you want to leave a lasting impression. Think of it like makeup – you can apply it when you feel like it and take it off at night.
It is a gentle formula with no harsh chemicals. Therefore it doesn’t damage your hair at all. You can use it as often as you want without feeling like you have to commit to that specific color. Once it dries, it is transfer-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about it getting all over your skin and clothing.
- A temporary hair color that washes out with shampoo.
- Free from peroxide and ammonia.
- Gentle on the skin and hair, so it doesn’t irritate.
- It is transfer-resistant so that it won’t stain clothing.
- Bright neon pink that shimmers.
- It creates a mess when you apply it.
Buyer’s Guide: What to know before buying pink hair dye
Pink is a trendy color, but there are some considerations to keep in mind if you’ve never tried it before. It requires proper maintenance, and you must use a shampoo and conditioner combo that’s formulated for colored hair, or else you risk washing out all the color.
Here are some tips to keep in mind before you start the coloring process:
- To get a true pink hue, you need to use it on light blonde hair. If you have dark hair color, you must pre-lighten or decolor your hair for great results. Therefore, it takes a couple of steps before you can apply the pink color.
- If you want a light pink or pastel pink color, it’s best to bleach your hair, then wait 14 days, and apply the pink dye.
- After dyeing your hair pink, it’s best to avoid shampooing for a couple of days. Then, use sulfate-free and gentle shampoos and conditioners. Otherwise, you risk color washout.
- The less you wash your hair, the longer the color lasts. That’s true for all shades, but if you want a vibrant hot pink, then it’s even more crucial that you avoid frequent hair washing.
- To ensure the color lasts, rinse your hair with cold water as this helps the color stick to the hair strands.
- The healthiest hair dyes are those that are free from harsh chemicals such as ammonia, PPD, and phthalates.
- Before you go out and buy that pink dye, make sure your hair is healthy. Use some repair and conditioning masks to make sure it’s not dry, brittle, and frizzy. Pink pigments work best on a healthy base. So, it’s no surprise that healthy hair holds colors more evenly.
Pink is a great alternative to traditional hair colors like blonde, brown, and red. It looks amazing on all skin tones, as long as you choose a hue that complements your complexion. It’s easy to DIY because Amazon sells a ton of excellent pink hair dyes, and you can get the look for a fraction of the cost of a salon visit. So, if you’re ready to say goodbye to boring hair, give pink a try, and I’m sure you’ll feel trendier and ready to conquer the world.